Please read the following and click the “Purchase” button at the bottom of the page to continue with the registration process.
Ethics Policy of C4 Recovery Foundation
C4 Recovery Foundation (“C4”) values its relationships with the Sponsors and Exhibitors (“Vendors”) that supports its mission and appreciates their valuable contributions to the field of addiction treatment. Without them, C4 could not offer such high quality, value-driven services.
C4 promotes the highest ethical and legal standards of professional conduct through its comprehensive conferences, events and services. Honesty, integrity, and fairness are core values that govern C4 and its relationships with Vendors. C4 expects its Vendors to operate their businesses with the same standards and values.
C4 may refuse to enter into a transactional relationship with a prospective Vendor at its sole discretion. Similarly, C4 may terminate or refuse to renew a Vendor relationship at its sole discretion. The fact that C4 engaged with a Vendor in the past does not ensure that C4 will accept a Vendor in the future.
This Ethics Policy sets forth expectations and standards for Vendors and operate and act in full compliance with this Ethics Policy. C4 requires its Vendors to adhere to the following criteria, over and above any contractual requirements existing between a Vendor and C4:
- Patients’ Best Interests: Vendors shall act with the best interests of patients as their primary objective in providing, recommending, or referring healthcare services to patients and interacting with healthcare service providers.
- Compliance with Applicable Laws: Vendors shall fully comply with the federal and state laws and professional rules regarding healthcare service referrals and interactions among Vendors, health care service providers, and patients. Vendors shall fully comply with the federal and state health care laws and regulations governing waste, fraud, and abuse, including the Anti-Kickback Statute, the Stark Law, and False Claims Act. Applicable state laws include those of the Vendor’s place of incorporation or registration, states from which the Vendors conduct business, and states in which the healthcare service provider’s Vendors recommend or refer to patients.
- No Medically Unnecessary Services: Vendors shall not recommend, promote, or provide services unless they are medically necessary and consistent with the standard of care in the addiction treatment community.
- Payer Relationships: Vendors shall ensure that their billing, coding, and reimbursement practices comply with federal and state laws, regulations, and guidance, and shall take reasonable steps to ensure that their claims are accurate.
- Confidentiality and Privacy: Vendors shall interact with patients, healthcare service providers, and other entities in compliance with applicable confidentiality and privacy obligations, such as the federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”) 42 C.F.R. Part 2, and other state and federal confidentiality and privacy laws and regulations.
- Professional Responsibility: Vendors shall maintain high standards of professional responsibility and ethics in providing services. When a Vendor becomes aware that its conduct has done harm, the Vendor shall take steps to mitigate the harm, except when doing so would cause greater harm.
- Resolving Ethical Issues: Vendors shall behave in accordance with legal, ethical, and moral standards for the Vendor’s industry and the addiction treatment industry. Vendors shall attempt to resolve ethical dilemmas with direct and open communication among all parties involved and seek consultation, as appropriate.
- Conflicts of Interest: Vendors shall assess potential conflicts of interest before engaging in business activity and shall avoid or fully disclose actual and apparent conflicts of interest.
Applicable state laws include those of the Vendors’ place incorporation or registration, states from which Vendors conduct business, and states of the healthcare service providers that Vendors recommend or refer to patients.
Amendments: C4 reserves the right to revoke or amend this policy at any time with or without prior notice.
Proceeding with the registration process indicates that you agree to the ethical guidelines indicated above. Please click the link below to proceed with registration.